Week 14 (December 9):
- Tentative game: Indianapolis @ Baltimore
- Prospects: Baltimore at 4-7 has to override the Colts at 9-2, right?
- Protected games according to Hiestand: Steelers-Patriots (CBS) and Giants-Eagles (Fox)
- Other possible games mentioned on Wednesday’s Watch and their records: Chargers (6-5) v. Titans (6-5); Jags (8-3) v. Panthers (4-7); Chiefs (4-7) v. Broncos (5-6); Bucs (7-4) v. Texans (5-6); Cardinals (5-6) v. Seahawks (7-4).
- Impact of Monday Night Football: None.
- Analysis: The Chargers opened things up for another game to take over. The Texans and Cardinals both lost, potentially eliminating their games (even – or especially – with their opponents losing), and the Colts got back on the winning track. There’s only one game I see with a shot at taking this one away. I think the right choice is to go with Chargers-Titans. But I’m not sure it’s an overwhelming enough game to sway the selection. I won’t be surprised if they change it but if they chose Steelers-Bengals for next week…
- Final prediction: Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens (no change).
(Although I don’t have any firm information, the lack of information for a game with no MNF impact strongly suggests this prediction is correct.)