Of course, this only matters to one person other than me.

I made a change to the webcomic that you probably won’t – and shouldn’t – notice. Previously, I had stored three variables in the metadata database: the strip number, the date, and a third field to preformat the date for display on the page, since I didn’t know how to use PHP to format a date I was only allowed to enter in one format. Well, last night I figured out how to do just that and the date will now be automatically calculated from a field designed to store the date.

I don’t know whether that will make it faster or slower. What I do know is I’m proud to have figured it out without trying to upgrade (or waiting for Freehostia to upgrade) PHP.

PS. I wrote the post below last night but my Internet started acting freaky at the worst possible time.

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*