Speaking of SNF… Week 13 (November 30):
- Tentative game: Chicago @ Minnesota
- Prospects: Two 5-5 teams in a 3-way tie for the lead in the NFC North. Might be a possibility to keep its spot. But both teams losing is REALLY bad news, especially to fal back to .500.
- Likely protections: Giants-Redskins (Fox) and either Steelers (7-3)-Patriots (6-4) or Broncos (6-4)-Jets (7-3) (CBS).
- Other possible games mentioned on Wednesday’s Watch and their records: Panthers (8-2)-Packers (5-5), Falcons (6-4)-Chargers (4-6), Saints (5-5)-Bucs (7-3)
- Impact of Monday Night Football: None.
- Analysis: It’s Thanksgiving Weekend, so more teams like the Cowboys and Titans aren’t available. Really mediocre weekend. If I had to choose I would say the game CBS didn’t protect is probably the favorite if a game is going to be swapped out, but other than the appeal of the Steelers, Patriots, or Brett Favre, there’s no compelling reason to make a switch. I make this prediction with the caveat that I would not be surprised to see the unprotected game selected.
- Final prediction: Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings (no change).