Week 12 (November 25):
- Tentative game: Philadelphia @ New England
- Prospects: The Eagles are 4-5 and the Patriots (9-0) make any game look lopsided. Yet Michael Hiestand actually expects this game to keep its spot.
- Other possible games mentioned in Wednesday’s Watch: Bucs (5-4) v. Redskins (5-4); Texans (4-5) v. Browns (5-4); Chargers (5-4) v. Ravens (4-5); Saints (4-5) v. Panthers (4-5).
- Impact of Monday Night Football: None.
- Analysis: All games above are more appealing from a competitive standpoint, but none exactly set the world on fire. But too many teams have other commitments on Thanksgiving or Monday night to really endorse any other games, and the Browns lost, and both the Saints and Panthers lost as well just as they looked to be the top spoiler, and when I thought both teams needed to win. Bucs-Redskins is the best alternative, if it’s not protected, but the fact it’s mostly a game to determine if either is for real shows just how bad the options are this week.
- Final prediction: Philadelphia Eagles @ New England Patriots (no change).
- Actual selection: Philadelphia Eagles @ New England Patriots (matches prediction, no change).