Of the three total responses I’ve received, I received two requests for more information on my “grandiose projects”, one of which actually contrasted it to mere coverage of sports, as though covering projects precluded covering sports.
Getting grandiose projects is a given no matter which topic gets chosen. It isn’t really a topic in itself, and I don’t know that I’m confident enough to simply lay them all on you, not to mention that I wouldn’t know where to start or what to put on or anything. (By September at the latest, you’ll have a very good view on just how grandiose my projects can get, regardless of final topic.)
So what I think I’m going to do is extend this another 24 hours, looking for some clarification as to what projects I would want to post. But I’m also instituting a new poll. Below is a list of just some projects I have and are working on. It’s far from an exhaustive list, but it’s intended to provide a list of options and provide a feel for what I mean. Tell me if you want to see any of these projects or any similar ones you want to suggest in an area of your interest.
- Ranking the presidential candidates (see the post immediately below)
- Whether Sports Watcher should continue
- Ranking America’s professional sports leagues
- A different, maybe insane, method of determining champions in certain team sports, closer to the methods used in combat sports like boxing and wrestling
- Determining the greatest movies of all time from a composite of other similar lists (I can also come up with other “greatest lists” even if they’re limited to my own opinion. Inquire within!)
- Any kind of simulated tournament, or any kind of simulated game.
- Or you can help me iron out the rules for a new sport I’m developing.
- I actually have already written some short poems and stories.
- And the proverbial much, much more!
I’m setting the deadline for this new poll for Friday night at midnight Pacific, with an option to extend if I get another dearth of replies.
1 thought on “Update on the future of Da Blog”
i’d love to hear the stories